Friday 21 June 2013

Welcome Jackie de Jong

My name is Jackie de Jong and my dog is Jackie’s Indi HTM I Ex, FS I Ex. Pet name Indi.

Indi came into my life when I was anticipating having quite a long time off work due to ill health, Chris decided that I needed a puppy to help me through this period of my life.


Indi turned out to be a bit of a supercharged collie!  He certainly kept me on my toes and made me keep going every day.  Indi is ISDS registered but surprisingly afraid of sheep!  Fortunately he does love his dancing.

My illness prevented me from continuing my career as a PA but as that door closed another opened as it allowed me to turn my love of observing dogs and their behaviour into a business (www.k9training.me.uk) where I now teach HTM and work with dogs with behavioural problems.

I also have three other dogs.  Jessie, a Collie cross, has been my constant companion over the last 13 years. She taught me a lot about dancing and took me to Crufts to demonstrate HTM in 2007.  Jessie has also helped me so much in my behavioural work too.

Millie a Patterdale/Jack Russell who is 12ish (she is a rescue) whose job at home is being the house alarm!

Ziva, 11 months old, is Indi’s niece, who is loving her training and will soon be blossoming in this sport too.

Indi has just qualified for the semi finals for Crufts in 2014  -  I am so very proud of him.


Both Indi and I are thrilled to have been selected as part of Team GB for the Open European Championships 2013 and I will be competing with Indi in both the Heelwork To Music and the Freestyle Championships.  We wish all my fellow team members and all OEC competitors GOOD LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment