Tuesday 18 June 2013

Welcome to Hetty van Hassel

My name is Hetty van Hassel and my dog is called Detania the Wizz Kid. We are delighted that we have been invited to represent Great Britain at the OEC. Wizzy is 9 years old and he is my very special boy. I can not imagine being anywhere without him laying at my feet or skipping along by my side. He is my little shadow :-)

I fell in love with him when I was visiting Angela and Tony Gillespie, when Wizz was about 5 weeks old, and decided he just needed to come and live with me, even though I had not planned on getting any puppy at all. The first year of his life he refused to do any training and insisted on being a pet dog, which was fine by me, as I think that training has to be something we both enjoy. However, he saw the light when he was about a year old and invited me to dance with him instead of my other dog Violet. After that, he started to ask for more and more training and we started competing when he was 4 years old. He just needed a bit of time to grow up, I think, as he is totally addicted to his training sessions now and refuses to go home when a session is finished!
 

Wizz has accompanied me to several seminars and workshops I have given abroad and we have done several demos at dog shows and gala's all over Europe in the past few years, so I am sure that Wizz will love to perform at the OEC. I think it will be an amazing experience for both of us and I will thoroughly enjoy watching all the other routines. To be able to see all those outstanding performances live will be absolutely wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment